Hebrews 4:12 (NASB)
12 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
- illbehonest.com is a great resource for sermons and articles. It is one of my favorite places for truth.
- Biblegateway.com is another excellent resource for finding truth.
- Prayerbook I have this red prayer book that my first mentor gave me (She was sent by God). It’s amazing. So full of power and stuff that you felt in your heart but didn’t know enough to understand. It’s so helpful. They will send you one for free! No funny stuff. GOD BLESS THIS MINISTRY!
- agapekind is a little advanced and she is bold. I love her ministry, and I’m grateful for her. Her teachings have been used by God to save my marriage, protect my family, and keep me focused in the biggest tests of my life. Whenever people talk about spiritual things it can get challenging. That is necessary for growth. If there are things you cannot receive don’t let it keep you from the truths that you can. Just because you don’t understand something doesn’t mean its wrong. I’ve had to learn this myself. Its not easy but it is so worth it. Don’t be afraid to learn and grow.
- THE BIBLE please read the Bible for yourself. It is truth. Jesus Christ is the Living Word of God, so if you are going to know Him and follow Him you need to read it.
- Get into a church. You were never meant to go through this alone. Pray for God to send the right people in your life and take the wrong people out. He will do it. HE did it for me and I am no different than you. The enemy will use people to hurt you and confuse you. God uses His people to love, support, disciple, and encourage you. Pray and focus to know who’s who in your life.
- Choose wisely if you have habits, friends, or are in environments that are harmful to your growth or your goals, then get away from those people and things. If you cannot, then you pray. Use Psalms to inspire your prayers (if it is truly out of your control God will be there with you.) The enemy will be desperate and attack you. Pay attention and learn to fight.
I am nothing without Christ. Nothing good at least.
With Christ I am a brand new creature!
The word of God is truth. People say they love Jesus so so much! Jesus is alive in heaven, HALLELUJAH! So that means physically you can’t be with His body right now. He’s coming back but right now we have to be with Him in other ways. We abide in Him as He commands by being in the Word of God. The Bible brings about the renewing of your mind, which is an ongoing process (especially in this world, not to mention culture). If you want to grow, if you want to be healthy, if you want to be free, then you need to be in the WORD. We have apps, we have unlimited translations, colors and sizes, preachers all over the word, concordances, conferences, devotionals, study guides, the list is endless. The only reason a person that lives in a free country isn’t in the Word of God is because they don’t want to be. (I’m telling the truth because we need it.) There are plenty of excuses, but they are just that – excuses. Maybe you feel a little overwhelmed and don’t know where to start. Well you’re here now and I happen to know of some great places to start.
Always pray humbly for God to reveal truth to you and give you understanding when it comes to studying scripture. You must be dependent on the Holy Spirit to guide you and teach you when reading the Bible
•John is a great book to start with.
•There are 31 chapters in Proverbs (1 chapter a day is great way to get some Godly wisdom in your heart and mind)
•Psalms are great for the hard times. Can’t sleep, can’t pray but you want to. Read Psalms out loud.
•Depressed? Take 2-3 hours and read through the book of Job
•Feeling stuck? Try to read James in 1 sitting and then go back over it chapter by chapter over the next few days.
THE BIBLE IS SO AMAZING YOU’LL NEVER HAVE IT ALL FIGURED OUT. Don’t fall into a trap of trying to figure God out. Delight in the truth. Enjoy the process. Trust God to do the work in you that needs to be done. Be encouraged. Come to Him like a little child needing guidance and show yourself approved rightly dividing (studying) the scriptures. Remember you don’t know what you don’t know. So keep seeking and you shall find.